I wrote this post 2 weeks ago…2 weeks!  And I haven’t had the time to hit “publish” on it until this morning.  Last night around 11 pm, mom, dad and I finished wrapping up our last Groopdealz order of the year.  It’s been a wild ride the last few months; lots of hard work, lots of LEARNING.  Mom put it well; it’s been a blessing but every day has been a bit like Groundhog day…remember that movie?  We tallied it up; in the last 2 months we created approximately 2500 monograms; large wooden and small ornament.  We are a wee bit monogramed out for the moment. 😉  We are closing up shop on the 12th, so we can have a bit of a break…but so we can also change things up in the store a bit…we are so excited about some new products we want to roll out in January!

God smiled in the meantime and gave us a snow day today; since Erick will be home I can focus on cleaning!  Laundry!  What?  That’s some kind of  incredible right there.

With that, I give you a glimpse into the last, well…I’d say since the beginning of October.  LOL.


So peaceful.  It’s 6:13 am on a Sunday morning; I’m drinking my coffee in the living room; the Christmas Tree lights are on and I’m the only one awake.  I feel like the crazy days of the week past weren’t really that bad, now that I reflect upon it.  All is well.

Screen Shot 2012-12-10 at 6.50.26 AM

Screech that thought to a halt!!!!!!!!! Crazy days doesn’t even begin to describe it.  But I’ll just give you the tip of the iceberg.  I can laugh now, and I did a little bit through the circumstances, too.  I got through it though.  We all do, don’t we?

One particular day out of the many; I had work with the company that had to be finished.  I love this job.  It’s fantastic, but it does have to be done with kids in tow, if you know what I mean.  Busy toddler included.  I try to accomplish much of my work when he is sleeping, but this child takes one semi-nap a day, so that’s not a huge help.  Add in two older growing boys that say “I’m Hungry!” every 5 minutes, and even if they are fully capable of feeding themselves, even hearing “I’m Hungry!” can be a distraction.  This particular morning we really were at the bottom of the grocery pile; Ryan had the last two eggs for breakfast, Jack had the last two heels of bread as toast, and Luke had the last little bowl of blueberries.  In the meantime, I’m drinking my last cup of sanity coffee.  {FYI, my mom DID end up making an emergency grocery store run later on, yay for mothers, am I right?}

Screen Shot 2012-12-10 at 6.48.30 AM

So we were all up early this day, and I had the boys start their homeschool at 7 am.  We don’t always start that early, but I wanted to get it done.  Out of the way.  Jack, my precious, was INcapable of focusing.  Positively incapable.  He is a wiggle worm every day, but this day was different; it’s like he had been shot up with an IV of sugar.  Between 7 am and noon, he had accomplished about 8 minutes worth of school.  I just gave up; sometimes you just have to give up.

So my youngest, he has been on a clementine/blueberry kick lately. I’m guessing that is the cause of the 50 stinky little nuggets that he drops during the course of the day.  Just sayin’!  Change diaper, poop awful stink.  Repeat over and over and over until you are out of your mind.

Screen Shot 2012-12-10 at 6.49.45 AM

And then my middle; remember how he is incapable of sitting still?  He is going to the bathroom, number two.  And for some insane reason, when he finishes, he pops right off and, I don’t know what possessed him, but before he wipes and completely finishes his business, he takes off like a rocket, runs into the edge of the wall, and busts his lip GOOD.  Screams like a MANIAC.  Is spreading blood all over the walls, I kid you NOT.  Screaming, maniac, bloody, NAKED 6 year old running around who HAS NOT WIPED yet {yes, completely naked, head to toe}.   And a crying, stinky baby who has pooped yet again, who cannot fathom why is brother is acting like he is.  He just knows he needs to cry, too.

And in the meantime, all of this is happening in a house that has not been properly cleaned for wayyyyy too long.  I’m sitting in the midst of a mess.  I’m still in my jammies, too, praying that no one shows up unannounced.  Once I clean Jack up, the hilarious thing is that Luke comes in the living room; he raided the bathroom and started using certain feminine products as, I don’t know…rockets?  He’s a flinger, and they are flying all over the place, adding to the disaster.

Screen Shot 2012-12-10 at 6.49.03 AM

Lord, Help.  Actually, it was at that point that it was either snap or take deep breaths; I took the deep breaths route and told Erick to bring home chocolate after work.

So glad that day is over and done with; I don’t kid myself that it won’t happen again in one form or another!  But that’s ok…we carry on…

I put up the tree last night.  Our tree is a RELIC from my childhood.  It really is beautiful, but it’s a 7 1/2 foot tall tree that has to have every branch attached individually.  And I’m pushing 33, so this tree is old.  Yes.  Somebody please send me a tree that pops up with the push of a button and is gorgeously pre-lit!!  Gah!  Every year, my friends.  Every year I always start from the top of the tree and always, always string the first string of lights backwards.  Occasionally I do the entire tree this way.  It’s like I have Christmas Tree Light Dyslexia.  Luckily I decided to do the back and forth motion instead of the wrap around the tree motion this year.  It was still a hassle, though, untangling the lights from the branches.  Erick took the baby shopping so I could focus, but come to find out he had left half the tree branches in the attic, so I had to tackle the frozen, dark tundra.  Ryan accompanied me; we have a long extension cord, and we plugged in a lamp (no flashlight, the kids are forever taking flashlights completely apart).  He led the way and in our search we ran across a vintage Elf of the Shelf.  Cue horror music.  Marietta must of had it when she taught school back in the 50s or 60s.  LOL.  Honestly, if I were to engage in Elf on the Shelf shenanigans, I would probably have nightmares.  Kudos to you creative moms who have the strength to partake in this particular tradition with your children!

I hauled the tree branches downstairs but had to rest my hands on our radiator to prevent frostbite from fully settling in.  HOLY COLDNESS.

After decorating, a little after 9pm, I had to collapse into bed; the house was even more of an utter disaster with boxes scattered about, but this morning I am happy to say that my patient and night-owlish husband put away the evidence; I don’t have to take my life in my hands, wandering through a maze of loot.

And here I sit, still alone, cup of coffee finished and twinkling lights on the tree.  I hear Ryan stirring but he isn’t up and at ’em just yet.  All is well…all will be well.  Despite the poop and insanity.


Stay safe and warm friends!  It’s good to be back!